by Staff Reporter on 01/08/13 at 11:58 am
Last week we showed you how things have changed in the online world in South Africa. This week, we have another visual for you to digest – the state of e-commerce in SA.
Some of the biggest highlights that piqued our interest:
- 45% of items bought on mobile phones were apps
- 33% of people sought social network recommendations when buying online
- 42% of online shoppers are (still) buying books, CD’s and DVD’s.
Our main take-out is that the e-commerce ‘boom’ is here, but it’s still in its infancy. Opportunities for entrepreneurs abound!
Click on the image below to enlarge:
Thanks to MasterCard for the infographic.
Ideate is one of South Africa's biggest business blogs, with a team of authors all of whom have had entrepreneurial experience. Ideate is read by entrepreneurs thinking BIG. Follow us on Twitter here. View more articles by Staff Reporter.
- Ecommerce Forecast For 2013: What 2012’s Stats Tell Us About Trends For Online Shopping
- Internet Usage In South Africa: We’ve Come A Long Way Since 1992 [Infographic]
- South Africa’s Biggest Online Store Publishes 2011 Festive Season Findings
- DMMA Research On E-commerce In South Africa Shows Surprising Results
- A Picture Of The Explosive Growth Of Mobile Transacting In South Africa [Infographic]