by Staff Reporter on 26/10/12 at 4:00 pm
MWEB, South Africa’s leading Internet service provider, has launched three new uncapped hosting packages for small businesses and home offices as well as for personal websites. The packages will set the standard in Web hosting with exciting new features, enhancements and tools at highly competitive prices.
Rihana Hoosain, MWEB Head of Products, says the ISP first launched a very basic uncapped hosting product in 2011, but found that a large segment of this market required more advanced functionality, automation and control. With the new Basic Lite product at R29, MWEB ADSL customers will still have the benefit of a free year of Uncapped Hosting.
“We’ve listened to our customers and put together a range of products that not only have all the benefits of uncapped hosting, but also many more advanced features at very competitive prices.” says Hoosain.
From the basic Lite to the higher-end Pro and Ultra packages, the Uncapped Hosting products are supported on Unix and Microsoft server environments, and share the following features:
- · Most excitingly, two internationally-recognised, trusted control panels join the product mix, allowing easy management and administration of websites – C-Panel on Unix and Enkompass on Microsoft.
- · Uncapped hosting space and traffic lets sites grow without increasing costs (subject to MWEB’s Acceptable Use Policy).
- · A free personalised .co.za domain e.g. yourbusiness.co.za can be renewed annually for free, for as long as the customer is an Uncapped Website Hosting customer. (Ultra Packages also include a free .com or .mobi domain.)
- · Free Website SelfBuild tool and free MySQL or MSSQL databases are included on all packages.
- · Personalised email addresses (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) and additional aliases (e.g. email@example.com) are also included depending on the type of package that you sign up for.
- · Website backup and restore functionality ensures the continuity of the Web environment.
- · Improved DNS management rounds out the advances.
While the Lite package provides the basic get-up-and-go features required to get a website off the ground quickly and easily, the higher-end packages provide more advanced features that allow for greater control and improved management of websites, says Hoosain.
On the Pro and Ultra Packages; some of the additional features include;
- · Website statistics and analytics,
- · Easy-install applications and scripts via Softaculous and instalatron, on both Unix and Microsoft,
- · Additional databases,
- · Additional FTP accounts, and
- · More personalised email accounts.
Hoosain says the Uncapped Hosting suite gives individuals and small businesses more control and visibility of their website’s management and metrics, and allows small businesses to start off with the features they need and grow from there.
“They suit small businesses at different points in their life cycle,” says Hoosain. “We’ve always taken a strong stand in favour of using technology to propel businesses from the launch to growth phase. We think the combination of features in any of the packages – for a flat fee of less than R100 – will hit the same sweet spot as some of our other ground-breaking announcements.”
Even though the package is shared hosting aimed at small businesses, MWEB also has hosting packages for larger businesses that has additional web hosting requirements.
The new packages will be available in October. For more information of Uncapped Hosting visit www.mweb.co.za or call 08600 32000.
Ideate is one of South Africa's biggest business blogs, with a team of authors all of whom have had entrepreneurial experience. Ideate is read by entrepreneurs thinking BIG. Follow us on Twitter here. View more articles by Staff Reporter.