by Staff Reporter on 31/07/12 at 12:55 pm
The Bookmarks Awards is celebrating its 5th year of rewarding digital excellence, and this year will be more stylish and glam than ever before. The Bookmarks Awards an initiative brought to you by the Digital Media and Marketing Association (DMMA) recognises the companies and people in the digital industry who raise the bar from ‘mediocre’ to ‘incredible’.
What makes these awards unique and valuable is the focus on “measurable excellence”. Without diminishing other awards; that only acknowledge creativity and execution – the Bookmarks adds another filter: proven success. No matter how brilliant the work is, it has no value unless it adds value.
The Bookmarks Awards look at performance versus objectives. Entries need to show how the concept and delivery met a specific need, from brand awareness to building communities, from changing behaviour to increasing engagement. Judges are being carefully selected to ensure all categories are evaluated by the best in the business.
Workshops in Johannesburg on 6 November, and in Cape Town on 7 November. The Awards takes place in Cape Town on the 8 November, in an auditorium to ensure a more streamlined event. The evening promises glitz and glamour, elegance and flair.
Categories foucus on four key areas.
- Core awards: production and results across all digital channels – including websites, microsites, mobi-sites, advertising, search, social media, apps and tools, games, video and audio, and mixed media.
- Craft awards: interface, design and navigation, graphic design, illustration and animation, music and sound design, and tech innovation)
- Individual and team awards: editorial, advertising, creative, media planning and social marketing, search marketing, content and intern/student.
- Special honours: Best Agency, Best Publisher and Best Individual Contribution to Digital, amongst others.
Don’t miss this highlight of the digital year: your chance to be recognised as one of the star performers-the individuals and companies that really make a difference. Be it through innovation, commercial success, creative brilliance or excellent execution. The closing date for entries is 14 September 2012. The better your entry, the greater your chances!
Ideate is one of South Africa's biggest business blogs, with a team of authors all of whom have had entrepreneurial experience. Ideate is read by entrepreneurs thinking BIG. Follow us on Twitter here. View more articles by Staff Reporter.
- Bookmarks Awards: Entry Deadline Extended To 18 September 2012
- Last Chance To Enter Premier Digital Marketing Awards Ceremony The Bookmarks
- FNB Supports The Digital Realm: Main Sponsor For The Bookmarks Awards 2012
- The Bookmarks Awards 2012 Announces Its Largest Judging Panel
- Bookmarks Finalists Announced