by Staff Reporter on 07/09/11 at 8:30 am
Big Blue’s 6th annual Makhulu Polane design competition is open for entries. Over the years Ideate has supported the annual Makhulu Polane (Big Idea) t-shirt design competition and watched it grow from strength to strength. The initiative aims to find the best design talent in SA.
How to enter:
Designs can be submitted via design.makhulupolane.com, the Makhulu Polane website. This year’s design theme is ‘’Bottom of the school desk” – Big Blue is looking for t-shirt designs that explore this nostalgic theme. The competition is open to anyone (not just South Africans) and designers can submit multiple designs. The winning designer receives R20 000 in cash and their t-shirt will be sold in all Big Blue and Kitsch+Kool stores.
All illustrations can be scanned and uploaded. The competition closes for entries on 4th October, after which the top selected entries will be open for public voting.
How to spread the word?
If you’re not a closet (or overt) designer, please spread the word. You can tell people about it on Facebook or tag #MakhuluPolane on Twitter.
Ideate is one of South Africa's biggest business blogs, with a team of authors all of whom have had entrepreneurial experience. Ideate is read by entrepreneurs thinking BIG. Follow us on Twitter here. View more articles by Staff Reporter.
- Big Blue’s annual Makhulu Polane t-shirt design competition
- 2012- 2013 Fresh Talent Sustainable Design Competition: Call for entries!
- 2012- 2013 Fresh Talent Sustainable Design Competition
- Chaos Computers Launches Second Annual Tech Paradise Competition: Enter Now
- Finalist Concepts Announced For 2012- 2013 Fresh Talent Sustainable Design Competition